Here are some of the descriptions of the reasons for attending the combined conference:
From FGS here are ten reasons to attend their conference:
- Network with other society leaders, sharing the latest ideas.
- Visit the world’s largest collection of family history materials, just minutes away.
- Get tips from the pros for finding those elusive ancestors!
- Spend time relaxing and socializing with other genealogists from around the world.
- Find the latest family history gadgets and gizmos in the Expo Hall.
- Go behind the scenes of family history on TV at the FGS Opening Event.
- Explore genealogical societies from across the U.S. at the FGS Society Showcase in the Expo Hall.
- CONNECT with new genealogy friends and blaze new research trails.
- EXPLORE presentations on a variety of topics in the classrooms and the new tools you learn about each day.
- REFRESH your interest in family history, and leave FGS 2015 ready to tackle those challenging research projects!
You can review a 16 page brochure on the event by clicking here.
From #RootsTech 2015:
- February 11th, in conjunction with RootsTech, the Innovator Summit is a technology event for programmers and technologists to share, collaborate, and innovate together in the family history industry.
- On Saturday, February 14, 2015. Family Discovery Day will be a free one-day event for LDS church members, including families, that will help you discover and share your family stories through interactive activities, inspirational messages from church leaders and other popular speakers, and access to an expo hall with hundreds of exhibitors to help and assist.
- If you are just getting started in family history, sign up for a Getting Started pass (three days for $39 or one day for $19), offering you more than 30 classes to learn the basics to build your family tree and discover your family history.
- If you are a Family History Enthusiast or an Experienced Researcher, plan to attend all three days of RootsTech (three-day pass for $159 or one-day pass for $89), with over 200 classes to help you expand your skills, learn about new and emerging technologies, and explore best practices to overcome research brick walls. You can also add access to all the FGS classes (an add-on to the RootsTech three-day pass for $39), and get a full schedule of research-related topics.
One of the highlights of the Conferences will be the combined Expo Hall. The RootsTech 2015 Expo Hall features hundreds of technology and family history exhibitors for you to explore all in one fun, informative place! Stop by the Expo Hall to:
- Scan a family photo or book
- Record your story
- Get one-on-one help
If my experience is similar to past years, as an official RootsTech International Ambassador, I will be spending much of my time at the Media Hub in the Exhibit Hall. You are more than welcome to come by and say hello.
Plan now to attend. Click here to see a full list of the classes being taught at the #RootsTech 2015 Conference.