|The increase in the number of records being attached to Family Tree|
The chart above illustrates one dramatic effect of the Record Hints that were recently added to FamilySearch.org. According to the statistics in the post, these are the numbers. Theses numbers do not include the 579 million new record hints that were attached to the Family Tree on 22 January 2015.
Hinting by the numbers:Included in the post are descriptions of the following:
- December 23: We released 14 million new record hints.
- January 22: We released another 570 million new record hints.
- On average, 98 percent of the hints are accurate.
- Because of the January 22 release, record hints were added to 120 million deceased people who did not have hints before.
- Approximately 1 out of every 10 records attached also adds a new person to Family Tree.
- 6 million hints are now attached to Family Tree.
- Over a million records are being added to Family Tree each week.
- On Sunday, January 25, we hit an all-time record high with 197,090 hints attached to Family Tree.
- Enhanced Attach Records Refinements
- Improvements for Transferring Information to Family Tree from Your My Family: Stories That Bring Us Together Booklet
- The FamilySearch Gallery