Genealogy from the perspective of a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon, LDS)

Monday, June 15, 2015

Photos on FamilySearch Memories gets new look

The People selection of the Memories on FamilySearch.org got a new look but like many updates, it has appeared and then disappeared. Last night, the new look showed up briefly on my computer and today it is gone. Here is a screenshot of what I can see today:


This is the regular view. I have highlighted the little information link added that explains the different views available from the pull-down menu at the top of the page. I guess I need to learn to quickly grab a screenshot of any new FamilySearch.org development because it just might disappear the next day.

There is also a newly added filter that lets you see which of your photo people are not linked to the Family Tree:


The new view increased the size of the photos into something approximating the portrait view and also added some tiny thumbnails of other photos. You can set your preferred portrait by clicking on the image and then clicking on the thumbnail view in the individuals detail view. Here is a screenshot showing a detail view and a selection of possible changes:


Oh well, I will just have to wait until the new view shows up again, if it ever does, and write about the change then.

Wait, my wife showed me how to get to the new view. Here it is:


More about this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment