Genealogy from the perspective of a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon, LDS)

Monday, June 27, 2016

The End of New.FamilySearch.org?

For many years now I have been anticipating the end of new.FamilySearch.org. This is not an issue like the end of Personal Ancestral File, where the program just keeps going on and on in the background. The end of new.FamilySearch.org means that FamilySearch has finally resolved several serious, limiting issues with the Family Tree program that keep me, personally, from working with a high percentage of my ancestral lines. The long awaited day has supposedly arrived. It is now about 5:30 am on June 27th, 2016 and the FamilySearch.org website is "down for maintenance." It was widely rumored that the scheduled maintenance would result in the separation of the FamilySearch.org Family Tree program from new.FamilySearch.org and the resolution of the long-standing limitations on the Family Tree program.

Now, many (hopefully all) of my readers know that I maintain three blogs. My other, older and more popular blog is Genealogy's Star. On this day, I am going to carry on my observations about the FamilySearch.org website on Genealogy's Star. So switch over and check out what is going on. I don't want to keep switching back and forth and repeating myself.

Link to Genealogy's Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment