Thursday, May 31, 2018
Read Only Storm on FamilySearch.org
Recently, we went through a Read Only storm on FamilySearch.org. Many of the entries were marked read-only. The designations seemed to appear and then disappear during the storm. I got comments and a couple of calls. It looked to me like a Denial of Service attack. But it also appears from a look at the website this morning that the attack had been terminated.
The issue showed up almost immediately in GetSatisfaction.com. See https://getsatisfaction.com/familysearch/topics/falsely-stating-that-record-is-read-only
If you see the problem, you can take a break from working on the program or you can get online on GetSatisfaction and join the discussion. It looks like is has been mostly resolved today, May 31, 2018.