Genealogy from the perspective of a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon, LDS)

Friday, January 24, 2014

Inside the Outside of Genealogy

Biography is the near cousin of genealogy. Or maybe its the other way around. One very interesting project that relates directly to genealogy, Temple work and redeeming the dead is introduced in a blog post called "The Eminent Women of the St. George Temple." The description of the project is written by my daughter, Amy Tanner Thiriot on a blog called The Keepapitchinin. Ostensibly, this blog is dedicated to Mormon history. But in reality, it is a delightful mixture of genealogy, history, commentary and memorabilia. The blogger/editor is Ardis E. Parshall, who presently works at the The Church History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah. My daughter Amy is a sometimes contributor and sometimes editor of the blog along with her own blog, TheAncestorFiles. Occasionally, they also have other contributors. If you have any feeling at all for history and especially Mormon history, you will fall in love with The Keepapitchinin blog.

Amy's most recent article caught my eye and my ear. It is entitled "Eminent Women: Jean Armour Burns." Here is a short video from the post to illustrate what I mean:


I'll let you go to Amy's post for the explanation and the connection. Thanks Amy for reminding me that I can listen to poetry on YouTube as well as music.

No comments:

Post a Comment