Genealogy from the perspective of a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon, LDS)

Friday, May 22, 2015

Taking a look at Rootsmapper


There are now 95 apps listed in the FamilySearch.org App Gallery. Over the next few weeks, I will be highlighting many of these "apps" and commenting on their functions. I do not intend to "review" these programs, but I will try to explain how or why they might be useful. I have chosen the Rootsmapper.com program as my first highlight.

Some people, like me, are graphically oriented. I remember things better when I can visualize them. RootsMapper.com has a very visually oriented interface that shows you within seconds the connections your family has with other countries. Here is a YouTube video explaining the program:


Here is another video explaining how to use the program:


No comments:

Post a Comment