Genealogy from the perspective of a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon, LDS)

Monday, February 1, 2016

My Family Organizer! App -- First of many I highlight this week

Not all of the family history apps that are being developed show up in the FamilySearch.org App Gallery. Some can be found in the Apple App Store or in the Google Play Store. An example of one such app is the My Family Organizer! by App Developers, LLC. Here is the description of the app from the Apple App Store.
We all need help keeping our lives organized. . . .
My Family Organizer© is a great way to start organizing your family. It will help you:
• Inspire the people you love
• Connect your extended family
• Organize family pictures and stories
• Keep track of names, dates, places
• Build on your past success
Our goal in creating this app is to build strong and successful families. Families that are well-balanced, healthy, and happy with their accomplishments.
Our mantra and the formula we use to accomplish this goal is "Remember the past, live in the present, plan for the future!" Or as Thomas S. Monson said "The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it."
Remember the Past
Inspired by the FamilySearch booklet "My Family: Stories That Bring Us Together," the My Family Organizer© provides a simple and engaging way to capture and preserve your family pictures and stories.
Live in the Present
The My Family Organizer© gives families a common platform to collect, organize and share family treasures, an easy way to collaborate, and powerful tools to build individual success.
Plan for the Future
Our strategic plan is to provide an increasing number of features that foster and encourage goal setting, lifelong learning, steady employment, planning for retirement, and that develop good character, daily routines, and successful habits.
I am not sure you can classify this type of app as a "genealogy" program but it seems to be aimed at the same market as many of the other "apps" being presented at #RootsTech 2016.  During the coming week and following weeks, I will be trying to highlight as many apps and programs as I can, even some that may not be prominently displayed at #RootTech 2016. It will unlikely that I can actually try out some of these programs, but my idea is to at least mention as many as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment