Genealogy from the perspective of a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon, LDS)

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

As the World Turns for Blogs from Active to Inactive


Back in 2015, I wrote a short blog post listing some of the blogs that I found online that talked about genealogy from the standpoint of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The blog post was entitled, "List of LDS Family History Related Blogs." Now, about two years later, I decided to see how many of these blogs were still active. I have marked the ones that are now active or inactive or explained what has happened to the blogs in comments following the links. I consider the blog to be inactive if there are no new posts for the last year.

 Here is the entire list from the earlier post:
Out of 17 blogs, 7 of them are now inactive after 4 years. This is not too surprising. I am sure that many new blogs have been started during that time period and when I get back to the United States, I will make a new search for blogs that include content about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and my blog, My Ancestors and Me at http://nancysfamilyhistoryblog.blogspot.com has been active for about 10 years (sometimes more active than others). Just in case you want to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I searched through your blog and could not immediately find anything you have written about FamilySearch, the doctrine of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or any direct mention of the Church. This probably made it difficult for me to find your blog.

      Delete