Genealogy from the perspective of a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon, LDS)

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

GenealogyBank Added as New FamilySearch Partner



FamilySearch sent out an invitation to me announcing that as a FamilySearch LDS member, I now have a free GenealogyBank.com account. Quoting from the GenealogyBank.com website:
GenealogyBank is a leading online genealogical resource from NewsBank, inc. Featuring a wealth of exclusive material-including modern obituaries and historical newspapers, books, pamphlets, military records, government documents and more-GenealogyBank helps you discover fascinating information about your family history.

GenealogyBank's 13,000+ historical newspapers include letters, speeches, opinion pieces, advertisements, hometown news, photographs, illustrations and more. These unique primary documents go beyond names and dates, providing first-hand accounts that simply aren't available from census or vital records alone. With GenealogyBank, you'll get a glimpse into the triumphs, troubles and everyday experiences of your American ancestors.
Look for an invitation in your email. I can't yet find GenealogyBank listed as a FamilySearch partner. Maybe I am the only one invited? You can try this link: Get Account Access

3 comments:

  1. I haven't received the email yet either but I used the link you provided successfully. Thank you for the information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it and it loaded right up. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was successful in connecting my FamilySearch account with my paid GenealogyBank subscription from the link you provided. A few of my friends who tried signing up were not successful with their unpaid GenealogyBank subscriptions. I wonder if that could make a difference.

    I also understand that FamilySearch isn't quite ready for members to connect their FemilySearch accounts with GenealogyBank until it appears on the PartnerAccess page at https://www.familysearch.org/campaign/partneraccess/

    ReplyDelete