Genealogy from the perspective of a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon, LDS)

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

On again, Off again -- The FamilySearch Family Tree New Interface

I barely had time to look at the new interface on FamilySearch.org's Family Tree when it disappeared yet again. I am back to the old Traditional interface. I am trying to analyze the reasons why it shows up and then disappears. I do use a variety of computers in different locations, including computers at the both the Family History Library in Salt Lake City,Utah and at the Brigham Young University Family History Library in Provo. The new interface seems to poke up on a random computer with a random browser and at random times. I'm off to another class at the moment, but I will keep everyone posted and if I do get another peek at the Landscape Interface, I will do a little more exploring.

In a recent blog post, I quoted a blog from FamilySearch about some more new developments. I am still looking for the link that shows the details of ancestral relationships and some other features. Maybe these are being "phased in" also.

No comments:

Post a Comment