Genealogy from the perspective of a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon, LDS)

Sunday, November 6, 2016

The FamilySearch Get Help Menu Evolves


I recently wrote about some changes to the "Get Help" menu on the pages of the FamilySearch.org website. Since my last post, just a short time ago, the Get Help menu items have changed. The Learning Center link is back.  Here is what the menu looked like a short time ago.


The link to the Help Center takes us to another iteration of the Help Center, restoring links to useful sections of the website.

One thing we can count on for sure is that the website will be in a state of constant change. But it is very nice that FamilySearch gave us back the icons to the different topics in the Help Center. That helps us find the Partners and other items we need to go to frequently without memorizing the address of every page we use.

Now the bad news. When I click on the "Partners" link, this is what I get.


Unfortunately, none of these entries take us to anything relating to the Partners signup or even the page about partner access. It looks like the changes may be cosmetic and there is still some changes that are needed to make the Help Center actually work.

1 comment:

  1. My problem with the Help Center is the Knowledge Base. I never seem to use the right terms to find answers to my questions. The other day I was searching how to register 11 year olds on FamilySearch and what living ancestors they would be able to view. Nothing I typed in got me any info on how to register children under 13 years of age. I finally started a registration and entered a birthdate that would show me as 11 years old. There, I finally found the criteria for registering young FS FT users. I still could not see what an 11 year old would be able to see until I was able to "help" one who sent me her sign in information.

    ReplyDelete