Genealogy from the perspective of a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon, LDS)

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Update on the MyHeritage and FamilySearch Tree Synchronization


One of the most fantastic advances in online genealogy is the ability of the large family trees to share information with each other. At the 2017 RootsTech Conference, MyHeritage announced that they would be implementing a way to synchronize a MyHeritage.com family tree with the FamilySearch.org Family Tree. Unless you have been as involved as I have been with MyHeritage and FamilySearch, you cannot imagine how important this development would be. But after a short BETA testing phase, the program did not work well and was taken down.

A short time ago, I was once again contacted by MyHeritage about a BETA test of the tree synchronization program. After working with the Development Team from MyHeritage for a couple of weeks, I was finally able to get the process to work. There are still some things that need to be worked out, but this is a major step in resolving the issues I have with the FamilySearch.org Family Tree using the fabulous tools available on MyHeritage.com. For example, I have 778 issues using the MyHeritage Tree Consistency Checker.


You can see, I have a LOT of work to do. I am not sure when the program will be generally available.

No comments:

Post a Comment