The Family History Guide has openings for booth workers at the upcoming RootsTech 2019 Conference in Salt Lake City, Utah. Of course, you will have to attend the Conference, but this is an opportunity to be on the Exhibit Floor where the action is at RootsTech 2019. My wife and I will be helping at the booth. Here is a drawing of the Booth planned for the Conference:
Here are some details from the management team about what is involved in volunteering. I would suggest that this is a great opportunity but involves a lot of standing and talking. Also be careful to note the prerequisite skills necessary and the need for LOTS of ENERGY.
What: The management team of The Family History Guide Association is looking for people interested in volunteering to help with vendor booth operations and promotional operations at the upcoming RootsTech 2019 Conference in Salt Lake City at the Salt Palace Convention Center. Our booth will be a 30' by 20' island.
Why: See RootsTech from an “inside” perspective! Actually be an integral part of the largest Family History conference in the world! Meet thousands of the most interesting people and personalities in Family History from all over the world! Volunteers will receive a free pass to the Exhibit Hall. If you want to attend conference sessions you must register for yourself. HINT: Saturday conference sessions are free but you must register online to attend. You won't want to miss this unique opportunity and be a part of the hottest new thing in Family History, The Family History Guide.
Who: Anyone over the age of 14 yrs. who wants to have some fun at the largest family history/genealogy conference in the world. Prerequisite skills include a working knowledge of Family Search, The Family History Guide and personal success at finding and helping others find ancestor names. Lots of ENERGY is a MUST!!
When: RootsTech 2019 is February 27 – March 2, 2019
Final Orientation Meeting and shirt pick-up: February 21, 2019, 7:30 pm at the SGFHCHow: To sign up to be a booth worker:
- Click HERE to go to the application form
- Read the instructions at the top of the form
- Enter your email address (on the form)
- Read the Booth Worker Information document (on the form)
- Watch the videos (on the form)
- Fill out the rest of the form
- Submit the form
- You will receive an email confirmation
- The final orientation meeting will be held at the SGFHC (Sandy Granite Family History Center, 2720 east Newcastle Drive, Sandy, Room 101) unless otherwise noted.
- Transportation to and from the Salt Palace is the responsibility of the volunteer. Carpooling and TRAX are encouraged.