Genealogy from the perspective of a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon, LDS)

Saturday, March 9, 2019

The Family History Guide Reaches Thousands at RootsTech 2019

thefhguide.com
The report is in from Bob Taylor of The Family History Guide. I thought I would share some of the comments and statistics. I spent quite a bit of time at The Family History Guide booth, but I was busy with presentations, classes, networking, interviews and just visiting most of the time. However, my wife Ann taught several of the classes at the booth and we all helped the patrons. We had some wonderful volunteers who did a great job of helping.
Here are some samples of what we heard about The Family History Guide at RootsTech 2019:
  • “You’ve made my RootsTech experience worth the time and money it cost me to be here.”
  • “Why haven’t we been told about this incredible tool?”
  • “You’re the answer to my prayers.”
  • “I’m no longer scared of my calling.”
  • “Wow, is this cool or what”!
  • “I have plenty of encouragement as to why I should do family history. What I need is a tool to help me be successful in my consultant calling, and that’s what The Family History Guide has been for me.”
  • “With The Family History Guide, I feel like I am at the opening of a gold mine with a cart next to me.”
  • “I feel like I could do cartwheels out of the Salt Palace after hearing this presentation on The Family History Guide; I’m so excited about what I learned!”
  • “l was listening to what the people around me were saying. They all said they were SO glad they attended this seminar – that it was so good and so clear, it should have been an entire conference itself.”
These are real quotes, I heard some of them myself and sometimes more than once. You know, for many people learning about The Family History Guide is like they were lost in the wilderness and suddenly finding a map, a working GPS, and guide book. Here are some statistics about the event.

  • The Thursday presentation in Ballroom B had 1,100 attendees, with a room capacity of 1,200.
  • The Saturday presentation was at the close of RootsTech when many attendees had already left, but there were about 250 there, over 2/3 of which were family history consultants.
  • Mini-classes at the booth totaled 317 attendees.
  • The total number of demos given at the booth was approximately 1,600.
  • Total people directly reached with a demo, mini-class, or full presentation: over 3,200.

We are already looking forward to RootsTech in London and RootsTech 2020.

1 comment:

  1. Then when you add all the people that inquired about it through the entire Rootstech 2019 conference that saw our shirts or logos and inquired about the Family History Guide, the number goes up even higher. All the people I saw at various places in SLC and even on the planes coming and going, added to those numbers. The inquires and responses were phenomenal. I am sure others experienced the same thing. It was amazing!

    ReplyDelete