Genealogy from the perspective of a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon, LDS)

Monday, May 6, 2019

Exploring Genealogy Series #7 Part Two: Researching in the FamilySearch Family Tree


Exploring Genealogy Series #7 Part Two Researching the FamilySearch Family Tree

This is Part Two of my Researching the FamilySearch Family Tree segments of the Exploring Genealogy Series. In this segment, I start to get into some of the major challenges of working with the FamilySearch Family Tree. By examining the details of the entries, I find out that there are some children in my target family that were added by FamilySearch with the Internation Genealogical Index or IGI records. I also find a mistake in the indexing of a record that refers to another direct line ancestor. This is only the beginning of this series and I am sure I will find more problems and challenges to resolve. By watching me work on these entries, you can see exactly how I approach each problem.

This is an ongoing part of the Exploring Genealogy Series and you are invited to subscribe.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4cT2_EjTMVVJgaF5Gdwl1Q

No comments:

Post a Comment